Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kyle's Quilt

The second quilt I ever made was for my son Kyle. It was delivered to him shortly after the new year in 2010. He loves it and sleeps under it most nights. It was a simple bear paw pattern made from lots of gorgeous Daiwabo men's kimono fabric that I purchased from The Quilt Patch in Fairfax, Virginia. The proprietor of the Quilt Patch (Leslie) has a very nice selection of these special fabrics. I first noticed them when I was shopping in the store for my first quilt class back in September 2009. I used Marti Michelle templates to make the patches. I think the results are beautiful -- and masculine at the same time. I love the way it turned out. Now I need to make a quilt for my son Jamie. His is 360 degrees different - a tropical batik design with beautiful hawaiian pineapples. Once I make that quilt I guess I will have come full circle to my first trip to the quilt store on Kauai back in May 2007. I have an appointment to get that quilt quilted in March -- just in time for Jamie's 20th birthday.

This paw was my favorite. I love the way plaids work in the bear paw. The quilting was done by Cindy at the Artful Quilter. It's a leaf pattern. She did a wonderful job.
I have a lot of the fabric left over. Maybe Kate Flynn can cut them into a couple more quilts for me :-) They would make great quilts for guys. hmmmm










No comments:

Post a Comment