This quilt was made using fabrics mostly from Andover's "The Very Series." However I did throw in one by Jinny Beyer's Northern Lights Collection and one from the Kaffe Fassett Ikat Collection. Since fireflies were a big part of the quilt, I love the way Jinny's fabric looks like firefly streaks. This quilt was fun and easy to put together -- it took about two days of cutting and sewing. It has a lot of borders and I ended up taking a couple of the borders out of the pattern (which is free on the Andover website.)
I love the way the quilt turned out. It's definitely big enough to keep a young boy warm at night while he dreams of bugs and fireflies.
Now it's time to rest for the holidays. The Bernina is getting it's first annual COA at the Quilt Patch. It should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Next up. . .a beautiful quilt using Oliver+S fabric.