Thursday, December 16, 2010

Purple and Pink Girl Power

I created two quilts for an organization that assists women in crisis. Both are for Christmas. One was for a boy and the other was for his sister. The quilt for the girl was mostly done as I had started it in anticipation of using it for practice on the long arm quilting machine. However, after that first time, I really didn't want to try it again. . .so thanks again to Cindy at the Artful Quilter for making some "drop off" appointments available in December. Voila - perfectly quilted and beautiful. Fortunately the young lady receiving the quilt loves purple -- that made it perfect for her. Maybe the powers that be knew all along who it was intended for, because I sure didn't. It's funny how these things work out isn't it?
The quilt was made from a jelly roll of Me and My Sister's Clementine fabric - purchased in the early phase of my quilting adventure. I don't think I'll be using jelly rolls again in the future, but it was fun to turn the strips into this colorful quilt.


The pattern is called Baby Blocks. It called for a white border, but I loke the way the purple adds a nice frame. I hope it makes a little girl somewhere very happy! I made it small enough to be a dragger, but hopefully big enough to keep her warm at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment