Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jasmine's Cats



This quilt was created especially for the adorable young lady that lives next door. She saw me working on Kat's Cats and the Fishing quilt and kept dropping hints like "Can I have that one?" Since both of those quilts were already earmarked for another purpose, I decided to create a quilt just for her. Lots of Kitty Cats (which she loves) from Amy Schimler fabrics and lots of color. I am hoping that this is a quilt Jasmine can enjoy for many years to come. I love the way the Kaffe Fassett Cloud fabric looked on the back. The colors blended perfectly with the bright colors on the top along with the binding. I finished the binding while my husband I stayed at the Homestead for our 25th wedding anniversary after Thanksgiving.




Jasmine loved her quilt! She turned the day she got it. Happy Birthday Jasmine. Thanks to Cindy at the Artful Quilter for a wonderful job on the Loop-de-Loop quilting.
By the way, the Kaffe Fassett Clouds in Duck Egg is out of print. I managed to snag 7 more yards from a shop in MN. I plan to use it for a couple more children's quilts with similar colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment